Friday, November 11, 2011

Giving Myself the Boot

Last year, I religiously went to an early morning boot camp class that met at a nearby church.  At first, it was tough to get up at 5:00am to get there by 5:30, but soon it became something I needed to do in order to feel "right."  This was also during the time that I lost 20 pounds.  I was moving more and eating less, the only true, lasting way to get in shape.

After moving to our new place, I used the excuse that we lived too far for me to drive up.  I was about 6 minutes away.  Now I'm 15.  9 whole minutes more.

Rightly, I didn't want to be leaving the house after the boys arrived.  I wanted to be sure I was here when they woke so that I could establish a healthy trust with them.

At this point, the boys aren't a valid excuse any more.  And in good conscience, I can't let 9 minutes stop me from doing what I know would be great for me.  The truth about me is that I need accountability.  I need others who will ask me where I was if I didn't show up.  I need the encouragement.

This means I have two more mornings to sleep in until Monday hits.  Monday, I'll be up during the 4 o'clock hour getting ready to head up to Flo Mo for a workout that will leave me sore for the rest of the week.

“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment