Friday, November 1, 2013

Whole30 Challenge! Surviving Halloween

I've accomplished days 14-19 since my last post.  Most of the days have been the same.  I do notice I feel more "awake" throughout the day.  The carb-and-sugar-filled foods, I'm still not craving.  I've been able to find a nice balance of fish, poultry, and a little red meat so that I'm enjoying the meals.

The biggest change is that I'm not constantly wanting to eat or even thinking about food.  I love this!

Halloween was last night.  Our street has a cul-de-sac party, setting up table and bringing a potluck.  I cooked up some chicken tenders (chicken breast dipped in egg white, dredged in a mixture of coconut flour and some spices, then skillet cooked with some clarified butter.)  I ate chicken and some veggies, then kept a Lara Bar in my pocket in case the candy temptation hit.  It really didn't, but later in the evening, when friends were enjoying eating together, I opened up the Lara Bar and enjoyed eating with the group.  It was as much social as anything.

This morning, as I cooked breakfast, I thought about how many Halloweens I've totally overeaten my kids' candy.  (Almond Joy is my favorite.)  I'd continue to eat lots of candy over the next several days. Then, to satiate my guilt, I would eat "real" food, even though I wasn't hungry.  Since I seem to have trouble stopping the candy-eating, this new system of "just don't even start" really worked for me.  I hope that some day, I'll be able to enjoy a couple pieces of Halloween candy and stop there, but I'm just not at a place where I can do that yet.  For now, I can honestly say that I didn't miss eating candy last night (and at the 2 or 3 other Halloween parties we attended).

Happy Halloween!

I've still not started a consistent exercise regimen.  My oldest has found some tough workouts on YouTube she wants me to do with her.  I've put her off for three days now, so today's the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment