Saturday, October 26, 2013

Whole30 Challenge 2nd Week

Days 8-13

I'm just about at the halfway mark!  Here's a bullet-point of what's up.

  • Although I'm feeling hungry more than in the first week, I'm still only feeling it 2-3 times per day.
  • I'm sleeping better.
  • Pre-packing meals is a must.  I've been able to wing it with leftovers and tuna, but need to be more purposeful in meal planning for to-go meals.
  • Did my first eating out yesterday.  For lunch, I had an "Unwich" from Jimmy Johns.  The family went out for dinner, for the first time in a long time, at Chipotles.  I ordered a salad with chicken, fajita veggies, salsa and yummy guacamole. 
  • I need to increase my activity levels.  The first week, I was in pain with my pinched nerve.  That pain has resolved (could be diet, chiropractor, time, pain reliever or any mixture of those things.) I have no excuse to not get out and exercise.  I actually love it, but the getting out is the toughest part.  I do have a couple of workout buddies now, so that will help.
  •  I'm drinking much less coffee.  Just one or two cups in the morning, then I don't feel like I need it any more throughout the day.
Heading into the second half, my major goals are:
  • plan all meals for the week and prep to-go foods
  • get out and walk/jog 20 minutes every day
  • practice yoga twice per week
Onward!  For my friends who are also on this journey, how's it going?



No comments:

Post a Comment