Sunday, September 4, 2011

Looks Are Deceiving

Having 3 kids in 3 1/2 years caught up with me a bit.  I had kept on about 20 pounds of pregnancy weight after TJ was born and felt frumpy and flabby.  Body image was still at the forefront of my mind.

Sadly, I became too focused on my self and started weight training obsessively, spending 12 hours per week at the gym, insisting that I be in bed at 9:30 so I could get up at 4:45, and basically ignoring my family so I could do my own thing.  I got in very good shape, but wasn’t the person I wanted to be, nor the person God purposed me to be.

Looks are deceiving. Every day I heard compliments about how great I looked.  No one had any idea that I was at the lowest point in my life.  This proved to me that it couldn’t just be about my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment