Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Big Fat Story

Distorted

Having a distorted view of myself.  Yep.  That's me.  This is about a topic that effects most women at some point in their lives.  Body image.  Weight.  Exercise.  Food.  Mirrors.  Changing rooms.  Changing seasons.  Clothes.  Reunions.  Old friends.  Vacations.  Swim suits.  Hiding.  Shame.  Obsession.  Fear.  Procrastination.  Apathy.

How quickly the train-of-thought can turn ugly.  It’s true that there are some women, although I would venture to say very few, who, no matter their size, feel hot and sassy all the time.  Maybe THOSE ladies should write an online journal.  Maybe they have and I’ve just not run across it. This journal is for those of us who struggle with feeling comfortable in our own skin.

So why am I doing this?  Why do I plan to post thoughts that have, thus far, been shared only with a few people?  Even then, only bits and pieces with any given person.  Two reasons: accountability and motivation for the reader and for myself. Insight would be a nice side benefit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment